Cornell Box

Posted on November 15, 2009 by Raffi

After tweaking the material system and lighting, I decided to make a traditional Cornell box scene to test out the changes.

I’ve also been implementing several optimizations to speed up rendering. I tested the Cornell box scene before and after the optimizations and render time was reduced by almost 80%. The image on the right took about a minute and a half to render on my quad-core machine.

In terms of the coming weeks, the photon mapping implementation is in progress and will be my primary area of focus alongside some more minor features I have planned, such as anisotropic reflections.